19 April 2007

Welcome to the new Reference Library Catalogue. In it, you may find valuable resources headed under various topics of interest. To start us off, I have included some that are in my personal collection and that I would recommend as staple components of any contributor's personal library. I have also included a few, such as the OED, that are available for public use at the city library. As you discover additional resources, please e-mail them to me or include them in a comment to this continuous blog and I will update our resource library here.

Language

Oxford English Dictionary

American Heritage Dictionary

Philosophy and Inquiry

Christian, James L. Philosophy: An Introduction to the Art of Wondering, 5th Ed.
Kuhn, Thomas S. The Structure of Scientific Revolutions.
Wilson, Edward O. Consilience: The Unity of Knowledge.

Writing


Hacker, Diana. A Writer's Reference, 5th Ed.
Strunk, William Jr., and E.B. White. The Elements of Style.

Media Literacy

Silverblatt, Art. Media Literacy: Keys to Interpreting Media Messages.

No comments: